The Concord Museum educates visitors of all ages about the history of Concord and its continuing influence on American political, literary and cultural life. The Museum’s nationally significant collection serves as a catalyst for changing exhibitions, extended classroom learning, dynamic programs and publications relevant to an ever-changing world. Founded in 1886, the Museum is a center of cultural enjoyment for the region and a gateway to the town of Concord for visitors from around the world.
Museum Shop Assistant
Job DescriptionThe Museum Shop Assistant aids in the overall performance of the Concord Museum’s retail Shop. Reports to Director of Finance and Administration.
The Museum Shop Assistant’s specific duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Organize, track and control inventory
• Streamline shop sales and facilitate excellent customer service
• Regularly restock and monitor Shop merchandise
• Purchase established merchandise
• With the Visual Merchandising Consultant, develop an overall store image through merchandise selection and creative visual presentation
The Museum Shop assistant should possess management experience in specialty retail or a museum setting. S/he should be a self-starter, good at problem-solving, detail oriented, and a team player. Specific qualifications for this position include:
• A minimum of 1 years retail management experience with demonstrated accomplishments
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Experience with point-of-sale systems
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• This is a part-time position, estimated at 5-10 hours/week, as needed
• Please send a resume and cover letter to the Director of Finance and Administration at email@example.com, with the Subject line: Museum Shop Assistant Application.
School Programs AidePosition Description:
The Concord Museum seeks a friendly and detail-oriented candidate to help the museum education team manage school groups moving between multiple locations during the busy spring season.
The Museum will be teaching school programs at two sites –the Museum and the historic Wright Tavern in Concord. The School Programs Aide will assist with organization and logistics to help maintain high quality programs including: communication with bus drivers about locations and schedules; giving clear directions; helping to manage the timing of different schools and groups; adjusting to frequent changes in the schedules; and working with museum educators to ensure students and buses are where they need to be.
School programs are mainly for grades 2-6 and topics include Native American Archaeology, Colonial Life, and the American Revolution.
High School diploma; excellent interpersonal skills with children and adults; and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively as a member of a team. A schedule with the flexibility to work on weekdays during school hours is necessary.
This is a part-time position perfect for graduate students, those with a flexible schedule, retirees, or those interested in learning more about museums. 3-20 hours per week, $11/hour
Send a resume and cover letter to the Manager of Student, Group, and Family Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org EOE
Last updated April 24, 2017